Technology Survey Reports Lots of HRIS Activity
Posted by Greg Paradiso | January 21, 2015
Just released, the HR, Benefits & Payroll Technology Survey reports high activity in the markets for HR and payroll systems. The survey is performed by HR Technology Advisors of Wrentham, MA and is meant to reflect national technology trends of small to mid-size employers. Of those that responded, 70% were companies ranged from 26 to 500 employees.
Highlights of the report include:
• 52% process payroll in-house, 48% outsource
• Most commonly reported HRIS vendors were: ADP. Paychex, Sage, Ceridian and Ultimate
• Surprisingly, 70% of companies had been using their software vendor for less than two years
• This implies a lot of market activity in selection and installation of systems over past two years
• Overall satisfaction was Good to Excellent in 75% of firms
• Most common employee self-service applications were viewing paystubs, benefits information and leave balances
HR and Payroll technology is now more available than ever. With easier installation and lower cost of ownership, expect more firms to move from outsourcing to insourcing to gain control, customize and increase satisfaction.